COVID-19 has changed the way we live, work, travel and socialise. Many people have worked away from the office during lockdown. We now want to work with organisations to support a long term shift to more people working remotely.
Benefits for local economies, businesses, individuals and the environment include:
- a reduction in travel time and expense
- more flexibility and better work–life balance
- increased productivity
- less traffic, especially at peak times
- less air and noise pollution
- the opportunity to redesign our towns and city centres
We are exploring options for a network of remote working hubs in towns and communities. This will:
- allow people to work nearer to where they live
- allow individuals to work together in their local community
- provide a space for those who cannot or do not want to work from home
We would like to see a workplace model where staff can choose to work in the office, at home or in a hub location.